- Mthimkhulu Wilderness Trails
- Mopani District
- South Africa
- From R6 000.00
- 7 500-hectare private reserve fenced into the western side of the Kruger National Park
- Wilderness/ game walks at ranger’s discretion
- Maximum 8 hikers, no children under 16 years allowed
- Big 5 territory
- Game drives at ranger’s discretion
- Communal social dining area
- Boma – open campfire area
- Only children over the age of 16 years older may participate in the wilderness trails.
- No cellular reception at the camp
- Malaria risk area, please take appropriate precaution
- Borehole water, water should not be wasted unnecessarily, especially in dry times
- Liquor may only be consumed at the bush camp. Excessive consumption of liquor is strongly discouraged for your own safety
- A reasonable level of fitness is required. To derive the optimum enjoyment from a trail adventure it is recommended that a group consist of people of a similar age and the same level of fitness.
- The distance is covered at a leisure pace to allow trailists a close encounter with the wilderness.
- Handicapped persons are strongly discouraged to participate in the trails due to the terrain covered and safety factors
- The trail rangers are there to guide and safe guard trailists and should therefore be obeyed at all times. Failure to do so will lead to immediate cancellation of the trail
- Trailists are requested to respect the environment that they are in and to keep the atmosphere wild even in camp. Kindly refrain from littering, no cell phones and no radios
- The feeding or disturbing of animals is a serious offence. No plant, rocks, or animal material may be disturbed or removed
- Trailists may not be in possession of any explosives, unsealed or loaded firearms
- Upon arrival at Mthimkhulu Wilderness Trails, you’ll receive a warm welcome and enjoy detailed orientation of the camp.
- Once you are shown to your room, you will have free time to settle in and relax.
- The rangers provide a full briefing on the camp rules, safety and the itinerary for the next couple of days so you know what to expect.
- Your first morning will start just before dawn, but not without a cup of hot coffee, tea and a rusk to warm you up.
- From there, the walking safari begins from camp, or we may drive to a designated point from where the morning walk will commence. Morning walks last around 3.5 hours.
- We return in the late morning so that you can enjoy some time to relax and perhaps even squeeze in a much-needed siesta.
- After brunch, the afternoon activity comprises a short afternoon walk lasting 1.5 to 2 hours. These are enjoyed with traditional “sundowners” and snacks, as the setting African sun bids a fiery farewell to the horizon.
- Upon returning to camp, the smells of a hearty meal prepared by the Mthimkhulu staff provide a warm welcome.
- Your second day will follow the routine of the first day’s activities with an additional game drive. Remember, you can always pre-request a more tailor made itinerary.
- Enjoy a leisurely start to your last morning at Mthimkhulu Wilderness Trails. After a farewell breakfast, you will be taken to your point of departure from the camp.